Core Courses – All MS degree seeking students must take the following two courses (or equivalent) plus one seminar (6 credit hours)
- EMA 5001 Physical Properties of Materials
- EMA 5106 Thermodynamics and Kinetics of Materials
- EML 6935 Graduate Seminar (0 Credits)
Select two of the following set of courses with advisor’s approval:
- EMA 5140 Introduction to Ceramics
- EMA 5507C Analytical Methods in Material Science
- EMA 6127C Mechanical Metallurgy
- EMA 6165C Polymer Science
- EMA 6399C Electronic Properties of Material Science
Specialty Area Core Courses – Select one area with advisor’s approval (6 credit hours)
Elective Courses – Select with advisor’s approval (9 credit hours)
Refer to Graduate Elective Courses in Materials Science Engineering for a list of elective courses offered by the Mechanical & Materials Engineering Department.
Graduate electives may also include courses in EE, CE, CS, IE, Mathematics and Life Sciences at the 5000 or 6000 level. A maximum of 6 hours of electives may be taken outside the MME department. A maximum of three hours of EML 6908 Independent Studies taken on a letter grade basis may be used toward elective credits.